NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: United Love in the Air (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of Promotion registration. Employees of United Airlines, Inc., their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, including announcement on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Submissions must be made with a MileagePlus account. If user does not have a MileagePlus account, he/she may sign up for one by visiting http://www.united.com/web/en-
US/content/mileageplus/Default.aspx. Prize is subject to the MileagePlus Program Rules, available at http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/rules/default.aspx
2. Sponsor: United Airlines, Inc., 233 S. Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL 60606.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Promotion begins on January 29, 2014 at 12 p.m. Central Time ("CT"), and ends on February 5, 2014 at 12 p.m. CT (the "Promotion Period").United Airline’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
5. How to Enter: You can enter the Promotion on UnitedHub.com by uploading your story and photos at the Promotion article at hub.united.com/unitedinlove. During the Promotion Period, follow the links and instructions to upload your story, hereafter referred to as your submission ("Submission"), including your name, contact phone number, e-mail, and MileagePlus number. By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Story Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Promotion if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
4. Story Guidelines:
• The Submission must comply with formats accepted by the application;
• The Submission must not exceed five hundred (500) words in length;
• The Submission file size must not exceed 1MB in size;
• The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
• A panel of United employees will select the submissions that best tells a United Love in the Air story, “we met and/or fell in love on or because of a United Flight. Judging will be based on the story that is most heartwarming, funniest, most unique, incorporation of United employees, and tells the most complete story.
5. Content Restrictions:
• The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion;
• The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Promotion;
• The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
• The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
• The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: Subject to the entrant's compliance with these Official Rules, a panel of United Employees will view all eligible stories and choose a winner who they believe best tells a United Love in the Air story, “we met and/or fell in love on or because of a United Flight.” Judging will be based on the story that is most heartwarming, funniest, most unique, incorporation of United employees, and tells the most complete story. Panel will judge on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest story score received. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate winner should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
7. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email on or around February 10, 2014. Each potential winner will be required to complete, electronically sign and submit a Declaration of Compliance within 24 hours of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to submit the Declaration of Compliance within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. First Prizes will be fulfilled 2 – 4 weeks after end of Promotion.
8. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: "United Love in the Air " prize includes one Global Business or BusinessFirst round-trip air transportation for two (2) on United Airlines or United Express departing from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to anywhere United flies. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel to and from winner’s home airport is subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $9,200. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize does not include travel on Star Alliance carriers or designated codeshare flights where United is not the operating carrier.
For all Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Promotion; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Promotion-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Chicago, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit Unitedhub.com/unitedinlove. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.