We’re adding more flights to popular ski destinations in the U.S., including three new routes, for the upcoming winter and spring ski season. The new routes consist of daily nonstop service from our San Francisco hub to Sun Valley, Idaho, as well as more daily flights on existing routes to some of the U.S.’s best ski spots. We’re also expanding the number of flights on existing routes to popular ski-season cities.
"United is offering skiers even more options to head to the slopes this season with three new ski-destination routes and more flights to some of the markets we already serve," said Vic Kerckhoff, our director of Leisure Sales. "This new service provides travelers from across the country with frequent, convenient access to some of the best ski areas in the West."
New services to Sun Valley, Idaho, and Colorado ski resorts
On Dec. 12, 2013, we’ll launch daily nonstop service from our San Francisco hub to Sun Valley, Idaho, for the winter and spring skiing season, through March 30, 2014.
This ski season, we’ll also introduce nonstop daily service from Chicago O’Hare to two Colorado ski destinations: Steamboat Springs/Hayden (HDN) and Gunnison/Crested Butte. Our flights from Gunnison/Crested Butte will begin on Dec. 21, 2013, and the Steamboat Springs/Hayden service will begin on Feb. 15, 2014. All flights on these two new Colorado routes will operate through March 29, 2014.
Additional service on existing ski-destination routes
You can enjoy more flights from several of our hub airports to existing ski-market routes:
- Denver to Kalispell, Mont.
- Houston (IAH) to Aspen, Colo.
- Houston, Los Angeles and New York/Newark to Jackson Hole, Wyo.
- Los Angeles to Steamboat Springs/Hayden
- New York/Newark to Bozeman, Mont.
New seat design on the CRJ700
SkyWest's CRJ700, the aircraft that services the new routes, is one of the first to be outfitted with our new signature seats designed with an emphasis on customer comfort and environmental responsibility. The multi-tonal leather seats on the CRJ700 aircraft will have more ergonomic and supportive cushioning and additional seat-back storage space in United Economy Plus and United Economy.
We employed new technology to make the seats more environmentally friendly by reducing seat weight and volume, contributing to a reduced fuel burn. We will also outfit other aircraft types with the multi-tonal leather interiors and similar cushioning and seat-back storage.
Winter ski destinations in the West and Canada from all U.S. hubs
We offer a variety of nonstop daily flights to popular resorts for the winter ski season. Our new flights expand our broad range of winter-season service from all of our U.S. hub airports to ski destinations across North America, including great skiing spots in Canada and the Western U.S. such as:
- Durango, Colo.: from Denver
- Eagle/Vail, Colo.: from Denver, Houston and New York/Newark
- Kelowna, British Columbia: from Los Angeles
- Mammoth Lakes, Calif.: from Orange County and San Francisco
- Montrose/Telluride, Colo.: from Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, and New York/Newark
- Reno/Tahoe, Nev.: from Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco
- Salt Lake City: from Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco
- Santa Fe/Taos, N.M.: from Denver
- Vancouver, British Columbia: from Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco