We launched our flyer-friendly brand campaign this year with a focus on creating user-friendly travel experiences for you, we end 2013 with several awards recognizing the airline for its investments in its MileagePlus loyalty program. We also received recognition for our Boeing 787 Dreamliners:
- For the 10th consecutive year, readers of Global Traveler named MileagePlus the “Best Frequent-Flyer Program.” We received a “Hall of Fame” honor for its decade of wins in this category of the “GT Tested Reader Survey” awards. Other categories we won include:
- “Best Frequent-Flyer Bonus Program”
- “Best Credit Card” and “Best Credit Card Rewards Program,” for the United MileagePlus Club Card from Chase
- “Best Frequent-Flyer Affinity Credit Card Redemptions,” for the United MileagePlus Explorer Card from Chase
- Readers of Business Traveler also named MileagePlus the “Best Frequent-Flyer Program” and ranked United the “Best Airline for North American Travel.”
- Premier Traveler readers selected MileagePlus as the “Best Domestic Frequent-Flyer Program” and chose United for “Best 787 Layout.” Last year, MileagePlus won the magazine’s award for “Best Frequent-Flyer Program.”
- Air Transport World magazine named us its “Gold Eco-Airline of the Year” winner, in recognition of the airline’s commitment to environmental responsibility through its Eco-Skies program.
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance’s 2013 “Best of Everything” list named MileagePlus the best airline loyalty program.
- The USA Today-sponsored “10Best Readers’ Choice Travel Awards” ranked us among the top airlines for best economy-class flight experience.
- For the ninth consecutive year, we won the category of “Best American Airline serving China,” in the 2013 Business Traveller China Awards.
- This is the 13th consecutive year we has won for “Best North American Airline” in the annual awards presented by Business Traveller’s Asia-Pacific edition.
- For the seventh consecutive year, we were named “Best International Airline” at the Northern Ireland Travel and Tourism Awards 2013.
“We thank the readers of these publications for their confidence in United and MileagePlus, especially as we invest in flyer-friendly improvements in every aspect of our business,” said Tom O’Toole, senior vice president of marketing and loyalty and president of MileagePlus.