3. On the Print Boarding Pass tab in the center panel of the home page, type your flight confirmation number or your MileagePlus account number into the text box, and then select Go. The Flight Check-in page opens.
Tip: Another way to access the Flight Check-in page from the Print Boarding Pass tab in the center pane of the home page is to select More Check-in options.
Checking the status of your flight and searching for general information
Here are the options for checking your flight status and searching for information on the upcoming united.com:
Using the main navigation bar in two different ways:
1. Simply select the Travel Information tab to go directly to the Travel Information page, where you can enter your flight information and check the status of the flight.
2. Hover your mouse over the Travel Information tab on the main navigation bar, and in the drop-down menu select Flight Status & Information.
3. Select the Check Flight Status tab in the center pane of the home page, enter the information that you have available, and then select Go. The Flight Status & Information page opens. Enter your flight information to check the status of your flight.
4. If you’re looking for information on united.com come March, instead of looking for a site search box, use Ask Alex, the “virtual expert” search tool (not a live agent) located at the top-right corner of the home page. She is available 24 hours a day.
5. When you select the Ask Alex image, a window opens and you’ll see (and hear if you have the sound turned up on your computer) a greeting and an invitation to type a question, phrase or words.
Alex can help you with:
- Searching for flights, hotels and car rentals
- Learning about our loyalty program
- Reading current policies and procedures
- Managing travel plans
- And more
After you have entered text, select the Ask Alex button. With your typed input as a guide, Alex responds in both written and spoken format, with the answer appearing in the window. The relevant Web page automatically opens in your browser and at the bottom of the Ask Alex window, you see additional links that help you complete your task or get more information.
To learn more
Look for more how-to articles that walk you through the various tasks you manage using our travel websites. If you think we’ve missed a task you use frequently, tell us what you want us to cover: Send us an email using the Hub's Comments and Questions form.