United SW Chicago Celebration Rules
The United SW CC Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The United SW CC Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old (or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Employees of 360i, United Airlines, Inc., Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, its parent, related, subsidiary and affiliated companies ("Disney"), HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent, subsidiaries and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: United Airlines, Inc., 233 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on April 12, 2019 at 3:30 p.m. Central Time ("CT") and ends on April 13, 2019 at 3:29 p.m. CT (the "Promotion Period"). Twitter's servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: To participate you must have a Twitter account. Twitter accounts are free, but subject to Twitter, Inc.'s terms of service: https://twitter.com/tos. Your account settings must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" in order for your Tweets to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents. If you Tweet using your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
During the Promotion Period, Sponsor will post a Tweet about the Sweepstakes that includes a video or photo, #UnitedSWCC and the link to these Official Rules: http://uafly.co/SWCC ("Sponsor's Tweet").
To receive an entry, during the Promotion Period, Retweet Sponsor's Tweet.
You need not include any additional content with your Retweet. However, if you choose to include additional content, it must be your original work and must not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, disparage Sponsor or any other person or party, or contain material that is unlawful in any way.
You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for your qualified Retweet. Sponsor may disqualify your Retweet if it determines that it finds it to be unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules. Released Parties (as defined in Section 7, below) are not responsible for lost, late, unreceived, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, or delayed Retweets or failure to receive the Retweet due to limitations of third-party social network platforms all of which will be void.
Limit: You may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses used to create the Twitter account. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes drawing and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around April 15, 2019. After the drawing, the potential winner will be notified by @united as a reply message or Direct Message on Twitter and will be required to follow the instructions to provide their name, email address, home mailing address and date of birth to confirm eligibility and for prize fulfillment purposes within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. The potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator, within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving the prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for winner and one (1) guest to the U.S. premiere of Star Wars: Episode IX (the "Picture"). Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation on United Airlines for two (2) from a major airport near winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to a major airport near the premiere's location; two (2) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); ground transportation to and from destination airport and hotel; ground transportation to and from the hotel and the premiere location; $800 spending money; two (2) tickets for winner and one (1) guest to the premiere of Picture; and travel agent services. Tickets will be available for winner at the will call window on the day of the premiere; winner must bring proper identification to obtain tickets. Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Winner's guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner, unless said guest is the minor child of the winner. Winner's guest must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value: $4,650.00. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
Prize is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize or any prize component for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Sponsor is not responsible if the premiere is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor's sole discretion. The attendance by any specific cast members, filmmakers, or such other talent from the Picture during the premiere is not guaranteed and shall be subject to such talent's availability and Sponsor's sole discretion. Neither Sponsor nor Disney guarantee any type of meeting or photo opportunity with any specific cast member or talent from the Picture during the premiere. In the event the winner and/or guest engage in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor or producers of the Picture, in their sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor and Disney reserve the right to terminate the trip or any element of the prize early, in whole or in part, and send the winner and/or his or her guest home, with no further compensation. Winner and guest must obey all rules and complete any paperwork required for the prize, including but not limited to any additional releases, contracts, non-disclosure agreements, waivers required by the Sponsor or Disney and, failure to sign such paperwork and/or to furnish all required information on dates selected by Sponsor or Disney in their sole discretion will result in forfeiture of the prize.
7. Release: By participation in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, 360i, Disney, Twitter, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, prize information, likeness, Retweet, photograph (including, without limitation, winner's Twitter profile photo), voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, not received, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan; provided that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the premiere portion of the prize and the intellectual property of Disney, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California and in the event of any dispute, all entrants irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California to resolve such disputes.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2OQDWXx. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2019 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc.
When and where possible, we are working to repatriate travelers who are stranded abroad in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. Our teams are working closely with government officials here in the U.S. as well as in other countries where flying has been restricted to gain the necessary approvals to operate service. In regions where government actions have barred international flying, we have coordinated with the the U.S. State Department and local government officials to re-instate some flights. Additionally, we have been operating several extra flights to countries in Central America and South America as we continue to play a role in connecting people and uniting the world.
We have operated more than 85 repatriation flights from Panama City, Guatemala City, Quito, Lima, San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa and Roatan, bringing nearly 12,000 people home. We will continue working with government officials to operate extra flights to Houston from Quito, San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa and from Lima to Washington Dulles and beginning April 5, we will begin operating multiple charter flights between Delhi and San Francisco. We continue to review more opportunities for flights between the United States and other countries to bring citizens home.
Video provided by the U.S. Embassy Ecuador of Americans returning home on United.
Additionally, our Customer Solutions and Recovery team is working with customers in the following markets to rebook them on flights back to the United States as capacity allows, either on our aircraft or on one of our airline partners' planes:
- Quito, Ecuador
- Managua, Nicaragua
- Roatan, Honduras
- San Pedro Sula, Honduras
- Seoul, South Korea
- Melbourne, Australia
We also recently reinstated several international flights back into our schedule to support customers and essential businesses which depend on these routes. As a result, we will be the only airline to offer service between Newark/New York and London, San Francisco and Sydney, as well as Houston and São Paulo, Brazil.
Throughout these unprecedented times, we remain committed to doing what is right and fair for all of our MileagePlus® members and are pleased to share the steps we are taking to reciprocate the trust and loyalty that you have placed in United. These steps include not only Premier status updates, but also an extension of current memberships and subscriptions. The updates will happen automatically over the next few weeks — there's nothing you need to do.
The big news: If you have current 2020 Premier status, it will be extended to January 31, 2022. At a minimum, you will enjoy the same published status next year that you have today, up to and including Premier 1K®.
For the 2021 status year, United is reducing thresholds for Premier qualification by 50% for each status level, to make reaching an even higher tier easier. You'll still need a minimum of four flight segments on United or United Express®.
Earn Premier qualifying flights
… or meet a higher PQP goal
We're also doubling PQP for United Explorer cards and quadrupling PQP for the United Club cards.
At the same time that we're decreasing the published program's PQP requirements, via a promotion from May 1 – December 31, 2020, we're doubling (for United Explorer cards) or quadrupling (for United Club cards) the maximum number of PQP that Cardmembers can earn from card spending during 2020 to help achieve a higher level of status than you already have. More details to come later.
1K® and Platinum members, we're increasing your ability to upgrade by extending PlusPoints expiration dates by six months and expanding Skip Waitlist.
- This means a six-month extension of any PlusPoints set to expire on or before January 31, 2021.
- Last year we introduced Skip Waitlist on select flights as a benefit to 1K members, giving you more opportunities to confirm an upgrade request at the time of booking. This benefit will now be available for the rest of 2020 in a significantly expanded selection of long-haul international regions and will have expanded availability in 2021 as well.
We're extending all annual membership and subscription benefits by six months.
- We want to make sure your benefits are still there when you're ready to start flying again. That's why we're extending purchased United Club℠ memberships purchased directly from United and purchased subscriptions for Economy Plus®, United Wi-Fi℠ and checked bags by six months. You should see this reflected in your MileagePlus account soon.
All electronic travel certificates now have 24 months to be used.
- If your travel plans have been disrupted, and you have an electronic travel certificate from us for the value of your ticket, you now have two years from the date it was issued to book a new flight, as well as up to an additional 11 months to travel. This includes all currently valid and all new electronic travel certificates issued on or after April 1, 2020.
We have removed some redeposit fees for the rest of the year.
- We are currently waiving all award redeposit fees for travel through end of May 2020.
- We are now also waiving all redeposit fees for award ticket cancellations made more than 30 days before departure for the remainder of 2020.
Finally, we'll be making it easier to earn status in 2021 for the 2022 program year. We recognize that getting back to travel will occur at a different pace for different members. Keep an eye out for changes we will make to help you earn status in 2021 for 2022, as we'll share details later this year.
Over the years, you have placed your trust and loyalty in United, and we are honored to do the same for you. We are all in this together.
Status extension to January 31, 2022, applies to all members that met the published criteria of the MileagePlus program in 2019, status match associated with the United/Marriott Bonvoy partnership and status offered as part of a Sales nomination. Status granted from other programs and policies may not apply.
To help with the uncertainty around future travel — be it summer vacations, conferences, events and more — customers now have until April 30 to make changes to, or cancel, any travel they have booked through the end of the year without fees. This is in addition to existing waivers already in place which allow customers to change or cancel plans for travel through May 31.If you decide to cancel your flight, you can retain the value of your ticket to be applied to a new ticket without a fee. These electronic travel certificates are now valid for 24 months from the date they were issued. This includes all currently valid electronic certificates and all new ones issued on or after April 1, 2020. You might not see this policy change reflected everywhere right away – we appreciate your patience as we work to make that happen.
Eligible travelers on domestic flights and international tickets can request a refund on united.com or may call our contact centers if their flights have been severely adjusted or service to their destination suspended either due to government mandates or United schedule reductions related to COVID-19.
Certain tickets cannot be changed on united.com or the mobile app, including tickets booked through another airline (if the ticket receipt does not begin with 016). Please contact the original ticketing airline for changes.
Follow the steps below to stay up to date, change or cancel your flight.
Change your current flight:
- On the united.com homepage, select "My Trips" and enter your flight information to retrieve your flight.
- Select "Change flight" and then "Edit" to make the following changes:
- Date of travel or destination
- Add a flight
- Remove a flight
- Select "Continue" and choose a new flight option
- Continue through booking to confirm your new flight
Note: The change fee will display as waived, but any difference in fare may apply.
Cancel your flight and rebook later:
- On the united.com homepage, select "My Trips" and enter your reservation information to retrieve your flight
- Select "Cancel flight"
- Confirm flight cancellation
- If you have future flight credit, when you return to the reservation, select "Use Future Flight Credit" to shop for new flights and apply the credit towards a new flight.
Canceling or changing an award flight:
When you select "Cancel flight," you will have the option to cancel your award reservation and redeposit the miles or to cancel your award reservation and use those miles for another trip in the future.
*We're currently experiencing heavy traffic to united.com. If you experience an error while trying to change or cancel your flight, please try again later.
Click through the slideshow below for more detailed instructions:
Start on the United homepage:
User can select 'My Trips' on the homepage widget to find and retrieve their reservation.
Together, we are facing an unprecedented challenge. United Together, we rise to meet that challenge.
Check out our newest destinations
Watch our most popular videos
This is the story of Jason and Shantel. You see, Jason and Shantel love each other very much. They also love traveling and they love the classic Adam Sandler film, The Wedding Singer.
It all began when Jason reached out to United's social media team, hoping for assistance with his upcoming plan to propose. Some phone calls and one borrowed guitar later, the stage was set for Jason. Put all that together, mix in some helpful United employees and, voila, you have a truly memorable marriage proposal. Congratulations to this fun-loving and happy couple, and here's to many more years of making beautiful music together.
A big thank you to Chicago-based flight attendants Donna W., Marie M., Karen J. and Mark K. for making this proposal come to life.